Monday, August 17, 2009

In the beginning, there was Tommy.

I've dealt with being the fat kid my whole life.

I can remember a moment during my freshman year of high school when I was talking with a friend, a football player, about my size and how he thought I should play football.

He asked how much I weighed. I said 275. He thought I only weighed about 225.

That made me think I could hide it well.





10 years later, I was in a bad car accident. When I visited a doctor a few days later, they made me get on a scale.

I hadn't been weighed in a few years and I thought I was around 370.

I had fooled myself. The scale said I was 420 pounds.

On that day, The New Tommy G was born.

I used to make fun of people on TV that weighed this much.

I didn't think that I looked as fat as they were.

I thought "How do they get so fat? I'll never get that big. It won't happen to me."

It did happen to me. 420 pounds.


I have to make a change.

The New Tommy G is making a change.

Joe Breezy and Just Matt will be my trainers.

Our first goal is for me to drop 100 pounds in 1 year.

The workout begins August 31st...

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you, i swear it will be a new Tommy G. I'm kinda scared lol. I think you catch my drift huh? You will always be the same awesome Tommy to me 400 or 300 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy, I'm really excited that you're setting out on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOU. YOU are my BFF no matter how much you weigh. Your blog made me cry.... As long as you are HAPPY AND HEALTHY I will support any decision you make ~ 200%. To Joe & Matt: You guys know that I love you both like brothers. I don't even have to tell you two how much Tommy means to me... That said, don't "F" around. BE SAFE. ALL of you...

    XOXO
    *J*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. And change your title. Either you WILL or not. There is no try. Have faith.... I do.

    ReplyDelete