Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Losing weight without losing money

I'm trying to do this whole thing on a budget.

One reason I've never tried to eat healthy and workout is cause its so damn expensive.

Fortunately, Joe Breezy and Just Matt have offered to train me at no charge.

That's saving me a few thousand bucks.

They go to 24 Hour Fitness and the membership is like $30 a month which isn't too bad.

I've started eating healthier but thats pretty much just eating out at healthier places and making the right menu choices.

Matt is taking me grocery shopping on Sunday for stuff to eat at home.

We're going to the new "Super" WalMart on Florin Road.

Now I know WalMart isn't exactly the first place you think of when you think of fresh healthy grocery stores.

But their prices are awesome!

I wanna check out Trader Joe's but I've heard that place is CRAZY expensive.

On another note, today was my last day of physical therapy on my shoulder.

It was injured in that car accident on August 4th.

I can move it now with no pain, but the muscles are still tight and hurt when I put pressure on certain spots.

It shouldn't effect my workout... I hope.

5 comments:

  1. dude, you can soooo eat healthy shopping at Wal-Mart, that's where I get my food:) Trader Joe's is overrated...

    btw, you're building a serious following on this and you haven't even started officially!! Wait til you post your progress pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whole Foods is crazy expensive, but Trader Joes isn't. Trader Joe's is cheaper than Safeway for many things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so excited for you!! i'm sad you can no longer be my taco bell buddy but it will be worth it! Yaay. <3nat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trader Joe's is quite possibly the cheapest store out there if for no other reason than everything is more or less a house brand item. Seriously, you'll be extremely surprised at how little your grocery bills are there. Most people just think it's expensive because they're small and somewhat of a niche store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey tommy...take it from someone else who has to eat as healthy as possibe (for different reasons mind you) Trader Joes has some awesome food, quick meals...at great prices. Need any suggestions, hit me up. For real, Im a regular
    love kelly

    ReplyDelete