Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 24, 341 to go

I watched the Biggest Loser last night.

They were trying to beat the "Week 2" curse.

Generally in their 2nd week, they start to slow down.

That means they lose a lot less than they did before.

Some even gain weight.

Last night, no one gained and they all surpassed their Week 2 goals.

That gave me so much encouragement to get to my goals.


Today at the gym, we hauled ass.

We did "supersets".

Its where you work on two seperate body parts at the same time.

We did legs and shoulders.

I got really out of breath and sweat a lot...

...and I LOVED IT!

I felt like I did more today than on any day since I started.

It was quick and continuous.

I felt like I was actually accomplishing something.

My right shoulder is acting up again but it always does on our shoulder days.


One thing that was kind of a downer was this really bitchy chick next to us.

While we were on a leg machine, she kept asking to get on ours.

We had told her twice that we were gonna be done soon and out of her way.

I was last in our rotation and as I was about to do my last set, she asked again very rudely.

I told her I had one more set and we'd be done with it.

And she got pissy and stomped away.


When I'm at the gym, I'm there for one reason: to better myself.

I would hope everyone else is there for the same reason.

If someone else is on a machine that I want to use, I'm not gonna bitch and moan when I can't get on it.

I would encourage them to continue with their workout and I can do something else until its available.

I'm not going to bitch at someone to rush thru their routine or get out of my way.

Thats SO fucking rude. ARGH!

It pisses me off thinking about it now.

Whatever.


I'm not there for anyone but me.

And "me" feels pretty awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Well put man. Today as AWESOME and you're not going to let ANYONE take away from YOUR goal.

    Another weigh-in Friday morning!

    ReplyDelete